Remember in the 80’s when big bold chiseled cheekbones, big hair and shoulder pads were all the rage? Well those days are behind us… for the most part. Today’s makeup trends have brought back some of the 80’s chiseled contoured styles but in a much more subtle way.
Today’s look is about plump lips, sculpted cheeks and tight lining eyes. This look doesn’t have to be complicated to achieve if you know what to do and you use the right tools.
- To plump lips, give a clean lip line and stop your lipstick from feathering or bleeding, outline your entire lips with a concealer (one shade lighter than your skin) using a concealer brush.
- Over draw lines and accentuate the cupid’s bow to really plump the look of your lips.
- Set the look by gently apply your foundation powder.
Makeup artist Jillianna explains cheek contouring in 4 easy steps:
- Start with your foundation. Using a cream contour palate, choose a color that is a shade darker than your main foundation. Use this shade just under your cheekbone and blend upward using a blending wedge. To find your cheekbone, suck you cheeks in to create a hollow, apply to the underside of the bone and don’t forget to blend.
- Apply any other corrective concealer then your normal foundation to create a smooth finish.
- Next use a bronzer to the same cheekbone area from just above the outer side of your mouth upward toward your hairline. Apply the bronzer lightly, you just want to shade not create harsh lines.
- Finish by lightly brushing on your favorite blush.
Stylist and makeup artist Ayda loves showing her guests how to contour their eyes:
- Use a primer on your entire lid and let is set.
- Apply a light shade to the entire eyelid, right up to the arch of the eyebrow, and into the crease of your eye.
- Use a dark shade or eye lining gel/liner along both the upper and lower lash lines. Clean up any over drawn line.
- Use a dark shade in the crease to define the rounded arch of your eyeball, but do not apply to the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply a light to white shade eye lining pencil on the water line.
- Brush brows clean of any shadow and to shape.
- Apply mascara.
- Gently brush away any shadow from under your eyes and lightly apply a finishing powder.