Seven Steps to the Perfect Ponytail
1) Start with clean hair (can even be day old hair).
2) Add in a little root lift or dry shampoo for extra texture to plump hair at the root.
3) Blow dry the hair with a round brush to add bounce and volume throughout.
4) Use a flat iron for a sleek smooth style or a wide barrel curling wand then separate loosely with your fingers for a natural wave look.
5) Gently pull the ponytail together at the back of your head, go either low near the nape or pop it up high for added style.
6) Secure tightly with a cloth-based elastic.
7) Use a light hold hair spray over your entire head to keep your style in place.